Do you have water seeping into your basement? Will this water lead to mold and structural damage? Not sure? Contact A-1 Basement Solutions for a free in-home inspection and detailed quote today!
The A-1 Basement Solutions French Drain System carries a transferrable lifetime Guarantee. There is no tax of any kind as this is a Capital Improvement to the home.
A French drain is a trench covered with gravel or rock that redirects surface and groundwater away from an area. French drains are often installed around a home foundation in two different ways:
- Buried around the foundation wall on the external side of the foundation. In most homes, an external French drain or drain tile is installed around the foundation walls before the foundation soil is backfilled.
- Installed underneath the basement floor on the inside perimeter of the basement and while commonly referred to as a French Drain it is technically call a Bonded Deep Channel Pressure Relief System.
How to install a French Drain
Installing a French drain around the inside perimeter is most commonly done after the house has been built. Most commonly, this is done in response to a wet basement or right before performing a basement finishing. To install this kind of drain:
- The inside perimeter of the floor is cut approximately one foot from the wall. A trench is excavated and pitched.
- Fully slotted polyethylene drainage pipe is installed and covered with gravel. This pipe meets the requirements for drainage pipe as required by the State Code and the standards for ASTM-F405-74.
- The basement floor is re-cemented to its original level.
- To discharge the water, we will install a submersible pump in a covered polyethylene liner.
A-1 Basement Solutions French Drain System is usually installed in one day. The system is maintenance free once installed. An interior French drain is much less likely to clog than an exterior, partially due to the fact that it is not sitting underneath several feet of soil.
The A-1 Basement Solutions French Drain System carries a transferrable lifetime Guarantee.
Do you have water seeping into your basement? Will this water lead to mold and structural damage? Not sure?
Contact A-1 Basement Solutions for a free in-home inspection and detailed quote today!