Expert Wet Basement Waterproofing Services in Walpack, NJ
By United States Census Bureau, via Wikimedia Commons
Wet basement waterproofing with Life-of-House warranty
Walpack Township may have a wet basement or two and is the oldest municipality in Sussex County, N.J. The name is a compound of Lenape Indian words. The Township covers 24.7 miles and has a population of 16 residents (U.S. Census 2010).
The Township was incorporated by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature in 1798.
The National Park Service owns most of the buildings on main street as the area was slated to be flooded for a new damn, but the project was cancelled. The Township is the center of the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation area. The Walpack Inn has excellent food in a great atmosphere and view.
Buttermilk Falls is in Walpack Township and is the highest waterfall in New Jersey at 75 feet.
A wet basement can be caused by surface water and ground water
- Every year snow melts and rain falls while gravity pulls this moisture deeper into the frost line
- Because this seepage is constantly moving beneath the frost line, you should expect water related problems year round.
- As this water approaches your home it collects in the loosely packed soil that is pressing against your foundation.
- As the water level continues to raise the weight of the water causes pressure to build (Hydrostatic Pressure).
- This pressure forces water into settlement cracks in your home’s foundation and sooner or later, you get a wet basement.
Schedule An Estimate
Get a Free Basement Waterproofing Estimate in Walpack, NJ 07881
A-1 Basement Solutions provides free basement health inspections to New Jersey homeowners. Contact A-1 Basement Solutions at 908-895-2686, or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free in-home inspection and detailed quote.