Expert Basement Waterproofing Services in Vernon, NJ
By Jared K, via Wikimedia Commons
Wet basement waterproofing with Life-of-House transferable warranty
Vernon Township has many a wet basement and is located in Sussex County, N.J. an hour car ride from NYC. The Township covers 2.3 square miles and has 23,943 residents (U.S. Census 2010).
Vernon Township was incorporated by and Act of the N.J. State Legislature in 1798 from Hardyston. The Townships boundaries have stayed the same for over 200 years.
Forty percent of the Township is preserved open space. The Township has skiing, boating, and hiking all in the Kittatinny Valley.
Twenty miles of the Appalachian Trail goes through Vernon Township.
Most houses with a wet basement have a concrete foundation
- There are two main types of concrete foundations, hollow concrete block or solid poured concrete.
- These concrete walls are sealed with a tar like substance, which lasts 20-39 years, before the backfill occurs.
- Concrete is porous, it can absorb and retain water so these homes will usually leak after 20-30 years.
Homeowners want to know the two main options to fix a wet basement
- Excavate the outer perimeter of the foundation to re-seal it and prevent water from coming through the walls, but not the floor.
- The interior French Drain is a widely accepted and is generally referred to as a basement waterproofing solution.
Schedule An Estimate
Get a Free Basement Waterproofing Inspection in Vernon, NJ 07462
A-1 Basement Solutions provides free basement health inspections to New Jersey homeowners. Contact A-1 Basement Solutions at 908-895-2686, or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free in-home inspection and detailed quote.