Expert Basement Waterproofing in Totowa, NJ
By United States Census Bureau, via Wikimedia Commons
Wet basement waterproofing with Life-of-House warranty Totowa, NJ 07512
The Borough of Totowa is located in Passaic County, N.J. The Borough is home to 10,844 residents and covers 4.06 square miles (U.S. Census 2010).
The Borough’s name is a Lenni Lenape word meaning “falling water”, or Totowa, and referred to the Passaic Falls.
In 1898, Totowa was incorporated by an Act of the New Jersey State Legislature from Manchester and Wayne Townships. The area had been settled in the 1700’s by Scottish land speculators which was called the “Totowa Patent” sale.
The Totowa Fire Department was established in 1908 by a group of concerned citizens wanting fire protection that did not have to come from out of town.
There are two public school buildings in Totowa; Washington Park School, located at 10 Crews Street, serves grades 3-8 and Memorial School, located at 294 Totowa Road, serves grades K-2.
David Blaine, illusionist, attended Passaic Valley Regional High School in Little Falls, where high school students living in Totowa attend.
Your wet basement in Totowa, NJ is fixed permanently by A-1 Basement Solutions of Scotch Plains and backed by our Life of House Warranty.
A wet basement will occur in the two main types of foundations, Concrete Block or poured concrete.
- Concrete block is also known as CMU or Concrete Masonry Unit.
- These hollow blocks are typically 8” H x16”W x 8”D.
- Poured Concrete walls are usually 8” thick of solid concrete.
- These walls are sealed with a tar like substance before the backfill occurs.
- The tar is degradable and therefore not permanent so it does not last forever.A French drain is the best choice for wet basement waterproofing
A French drain is the best choice for wet basement waterproofing
- The French drain was named after Henry French and has been the basement waterproofing method of choice since 1859.
- The French drain basement waterproofing system is designed to prevent a wet basement.
- The French drain is installed inside the basement, below the floor, around the perimeter.
- This French Drain controls the water, delivers it to the sump pump(s), and discharges it out of the house.
Schedule An Estimate
Get Free Basement Waterproofing Estimates in Totowa, NJ 07512
A-1 Basement Solutions provides free basement health inspections to New Jersey homeowners. Contact A-1 Basement Solutions at 908-895-2686, or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free in-home inspection and detailed quote.