Professional Wet Basement Waterproofing Solutions in Sparta, NJ
By United States Census Bureau, via Wikimedia Commons
Should a wet basement in Sparta, NJ be fixed from outside or inside?
Sparta Township has many a wet basement and is located in Sussex County, N.J. The Township covers 38.9 square miles and is home to 19,722 residents (U.S. Census).
The Township is likely named after the city Sparta in Greece.
Sparta was incorporated by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature in 1845 from several neighboring townships.
Lake Mohawk, a large man made lake from the Wallkill River, is a popular Township attraction.
The French drain wet basement waterproofing system is designed to prevent water from flooding your basement
- You can choose to excavate along the foundation to re-apply a waterproof coating to the outside. This is a very costly and lengthy process which involves disrupting porches, patios, sidewalks and driveways.
- Or you can fix the wet basement from inside with a French drain and sump pump(s). A French drain is installed underneath the basement floor on the inside perimeter of the basement and relieves the hydrostatic pressure from the footing area.
- Because the French drain will relieve the pressure from the walls and the floor, the interior French drain is the way to go.
A French Drain prevents a wet basement by relieving the hydrostatic pressure (water pressure) from the footing area
- The outside system is based on grading and gravity.
- The inside French drain system uses a sump pump to remove water from the basement.
- The water enters the sump pit from the perimeter drains of a basement waterproofing system.
- The sump pump pumps it up and out of the basement.
Schedule An Estimate
Get a Free Basement Waterproofing Inspection in Sparta, NJ 07871
A-1 Basement Solutions provides free basement health inspections to New Jersey homeowners. Contact A-1 Basement Solutions at 908-895-2686, or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free in-home inspection and detailed quote.