Wet basement waterproofing with Life-of-House warranty West Milford, NJ 07480
The Township of West Milford is located in Passaic County, N.J. in the Highlands Preservation area. The Township has 25,850 residents and covers 80.3 square miles (U.S. Census 2010).
West Milford includes Greenwood Lake which was a large resort area with steamboats in the early 1900’s. The Pequannock River flows through West Milford.
In 1834, West Milford was incorporated as an Act of the New Jersey State Legislature from Franklin and Saddle River Townships.
Despite its enormous size, West Milford is blessed with a small-town atmosphere, the product of not only volunteer and civic group activism and pride, but also a participatory citizenry whose debates fill the local presses and enliven locally televised council meetings.
Cecil B. Demille, film director of The Ten Commandments (1956) and many other films, had a summer home in West Milford.
Your wet basement in West Milford, NJ is fixed permanently by A-1 Basement Solutions of Scotch Plains and backed by our Life of House Warranty.
Your wet basement is below the frost line
- Every time snow melts or rain falls some homes get a wet basement.
- Much of this moisture is pulled deeper into the frost line by gravity.
- The frost line is the depth in the ground in which the water NEVER freezes.
- Because this seepage is constantly moving beneath the frost line, you should expect water related problems year round.
- Times of extreme seepage occur usually in early spring and late fall.
Fixing a wet basement can add extra living space to your home
- You can build an addition to your home to get additional living space or fix your wet basement instead.
- Before finishing your basement you have to make sure the basement is dry.
- To correct basement moisture problems, it is necessary to understand where the water and moisture is coming from.