Wet basement waterproofing with Life-of-House warranty Wanaque 07465
The Borough of Wanaque is located in Passaic County, N.J. The Borough is home to 11,116 residents and covers 9.25 square miles (U.S. Census 2010).
Wanaque is a Lenni Lenape word meaning “land of sassafras” likely referring to the many sassafras trees in the area.
During the 1800’s, the principal industries of this area, then known as Pompton Township, were mining and charcoal burning. A large amount of charcoal was manufactured and sold to the Iron Works. Two mines were located in the immediate area.
In 1918, by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature, Wanaque was incorporated as a Borough from Pompton Township.
The area is under the Highlands Water Protection and Planning Act and has one of the largest reservoirs in New Jersey. Built in 1930’s the Wanaque Reservoir is fed by the Wanaque River and the Ramapo River.
Bobby Cruz, known as “Matinee Idol” in his professional boxing career, lived in Wanaque and attended Lakeland Regional High School.
Your wet basement in Wanaque, NJ is fixed permanently by A-1 Basement Solutions of Scotch Plains and backed by our Life of House Warranty.
If you have a wet basement in one area with a poured foundation it may be from a crack
- In poured concrete foundations, cracks and pipe penetrations are the most common reasons for a wet basement.
- These openings can be readily sealed from the interior preventing the wet basement from reoccurring.
- Epoxies or urethanes are pressure injected into the openings, penetrating the foundation through to the exterior, thereby cutting of the path of the seepage.
A wet basement will affect your resale value
- Buyers expect a dry basement with a strong foundation and no cracks.
- The market can sometimes penalize you up to 10% of the resale price of your home.
- Any signs of a wet basement will scare away some buyers.
- Musty odors and mildew will cause buyers to either look elsewhere or seek a significant drop in price