Wet basement waterproofing with Life-of-House warranty Prospect Park, NJ 07508
The Borough of Prospect Park is located in Passaic County, N.J. The Borough covers .47 square miles and is home to 5,865 residents (U.S. Census 2010).
In 1901, the Borough of Prospect Park was incorporated by an Act of the New Jersey State Legislature from portions of Manchester Township.
Twenty-two acres of woodland situated at the top of Struyk Avenue extension were given to the Borough by Mr. and Mrs. Peter Hofstra to be used for park and recreation and picnicking grounds. Mayor Peter Hook immediately accepted this gracious gift and the Council then named this area “Hofstra Park”. Hofstra Park was later re-constructed with different facilities such as; Baseball Fields, Tennis Courts, Basketball Courts and recently added a Spray Park.
The Prospect Park Quarry was opened in 1901 and specimens mined from the quarry can be viewed at the Smithsonian and the American Museum of National History.
Bruce Baumgartner, 1984 Olympic Gold Medalist for Wrestling, attended Manchester Regional High school where Prospect Park students attend.
Your wet basement in Prospect Park, NJ is fixed permanently by A-1 Basement Solutions of Scotch Plains and backed by our Life of House Warranty.
A wet basement in Prospect Park is usually made dry & healthy in 2-3 days
- If the water is coming in through a window well we look to see why the window well is draining and why the water is leaking into the house.
- If the water is coming from the top of the wall, we look at the grading outside and to see if there’s flashing were the top of the foundation meets the beginning of the framing of the house.
- If there is a crack in the poured concrete wall and we see evidence of water there, we look to see if that crack can be patched from both the inside and from the outside. We also check to see if the crack can be filled to prevent water intrusion.
- If there’s evidence of water at the bottom of the hollow block wall we look to see how many areas it’s affecting.
- Okay so now we have determined how the water is getting in, we will propose a solution for your wet basement.
- Sometimes a basement just needs a simple crack repair. Sometimes a sump pump is called for. Sometimes it’s a full French drain and sump pump. Like I said earlier every wet basement is different, every leak is different.