Wet basement waterproofing with Life-of-House warranty North Haledon, NJ 07508
The Borough of North Haledon is located in Passaic County, N.J. The Borough is home to 8,417 residents and covers 3.4 square miles (U.S. Census 2010).
The Borough was incorporated by an Act of the New Jersey State Legislature in 1901 from Manchester Township. The Borough was part of the Oldham district which was north of Paterson.
In the 1900’s the area housed many silk factory workers whom commuted to Paterson and other nearby mills. Trolley service would pick up the workers in the Borough.
Oldham Pond is a reservoir for the Borough and serves as a popular fishing location
Your wet basement in North Haledon, NJ is fixed permanently by A-1 Basement Solutions of Scotch Plains and backed by our Life of House Warranty.
The age of your home has a lot to do with why you get a wet basement
- When your home was built a coating of tar was applied to seal the foundation against dampness.
- The tar is an organic material that degrades over time and usually lasts about 20-30 years.
- If your house is over 30 years old the tar coating is probably gone for good.
- Once the tar is gone your foundation is no longer sealed.
A wet basement can’t be fixed with “waterproofing” paint
- When you paint the inside of your wet basement wall, you can slow down moisture, but not water.
- You are not eliminating the water from entering the cement block wall from outside and causing your wet basement.
- You can literally put on 10-20-100 coats of paint, but it will never hold the water back.
- Once the hydrostatic pressure builds up the water will force itself through at some point.
- Paint does not prevent a wet basement, it’s just paint, so pick a nice color.