Wet basement waterproofing with Life-of-House warranty Clifton, NJ 07111
The City of Clifton is located in Passaic County, N.J. just ten miles from New York City. The City is home to 84,722 residents and covers 11.4 square miles (U.S. Census 2010).
Clifton was part of the Morris Canal System. The City was incorporated by an Act of the New Jersey State Legislature in 1917 when it replaced Acquackanonk Township.
January 1, 1918; George F. Schmidt becomes Clifton’s first elected mayor.
The 1996 movie Donnie Brasco, with Al Pacino and Johnny Depp, had many scenes filmed throughout Clifton.
William Staub, inventor of the home treadmill, lived in Clifton.
Your wet basement in Clifton, NJ is fixed permanently by A-1 Basement Solutions of Scotch Plains and backed by our Life of House Warranty.
The Clay Bowl Around your House causes a wet basement
- When your home was constructed the ground was excavated so the foundation could be built.
- That hole in the ground is bigger than the foundation by a few feet on all sides.
- After the foundation is built a tar like substance is usually applied before the excavation is filled back up.
- That backfill dirt is loose and creates a permanent void that water is constantly trying to refill. This is the clay bowl around your house.
- The clay bowl around the foundation will always be looser and absorb more water than the undisturbed soil around it.
- The water fills up the clay bowl around the perimeter quickly because the soil is not as compacted.
- All of that water lies against your foundation and creates an artificial water table around your home.
A French drain is the best choice for wet basement waterproofing
- The French drain basement waterproofing system is designed to prevent water from flooding your basement.
- It is installed inside the basement, below the floor, around the perimeter.
- This French Drain controls the water, delivers it to the sump pump(s), and discharges it out of the house.