Professional Wet Basement Waterproofing in Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046
By Rcsprinter123, via Wikimedia Commons
If you ever had a wet basement in Mountain Lakes you will again
The Borough of Mountain Lakes has many a wet basement and is located in Morris County, N.J. The Borough covers 2.6 square miles and has 4,160 residents (U.S. Census 2010).
The Borough was incorporated in 1924 by an Act of the N.J. Legislature from parts of Boonton and Hanover Townships. The community was planned in 1911 by Herbert
Hapgood. Over 500 houses were built with an arts and crafts influence by Hapgood.
The lakes in Mountain Lakes were all man made. The ice from the lakes was used for ice houses in private homes and taverns.
The wet basement is because the foundations of the older homes in Mountain Lakes are no longer sealed
- The tar on the foundation degrades over time.
- The tar applied to most homes is good for 30-40 years or so.
- Once the tar is gone the foundation is no longer sealed.
- When the water table meets the no-longer-sealed foundation you get a wet basement.
To fix your wet basement you can re-seal the foundation or get a French drain
- Sometimes there is so much rain that there is nowhere for an exterior French Drain to drain it to, the clay bowl will be filled, and the no longer sealed foundation will allow the water in.
- An interior French Drain also alleviates the water under the basement floor.
The answer is Interior French Drain and here’s why:
Schedule An Inspection
Get a Free Wet Basement Waterproofing Estimate in Mountain Lakes
A-1 Basement Solutions provides free basement health inspections to New Jersey homeowners. Contact A-1 Basement Solutions at 908-895-2686, or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free in-home inspection and detailed quote.