Expert Wet Basement Waterproofing Services in Montgomery Township, NJ 08540
By Khurt, via Wikimedia Commons
Wet basement waterproofing for Montgomery Township can be quick and easy
Montgomery Township is located in Somerset County, NJ. A short drive from Princeton, the Township covers 32.48 square miles and was recorded in 2010 U.S. Census as having 22,425 residents.
Once Lenape Indian land, the Township was formed by speculators in the early 1700’s. Many communities are part of Montgomery Township such as Belle Mead, Bridgeport, and Skillman to name a few. Three post offices serve the Township.
Montgomery Township is named after Colonel Richard Montgomery. He fought in the American Revolution and led several Canadian Invasions.
The Township has a third of its land preserved as farming space which is a nod towards its strong farming and mill heritage.
The wet basement waterproofing inspection is very thorough
- If the water is coming from the top of the wall, we look at the grading outside and to see if there’s flashing were the top of the foundation meets the beginning of the framing of the house.
- If the water is coming in through a window well we look to see why the window well is draining and why the water is leaking into the house.
- If there’s evidence of water at the bottom of the hollow block wall we look to see how the water is getting into the blocks and how many areas it’s affecting
- If there is a crack in the poured concrete wall and we see evidence of water there, we look to see if that crack can be patched from both the inside and from the outside. We also check to see if the crack can be filled to prevent water intrusion
- Okay so now we have determined what your foundation is made of and how the water is getting in. There are many different solutions for these different problems and they all have different prices
Sometimes a wet basement just needs a simple crack repair. Sometimes a sump pump is called for. Sometimes it’s a full French drain and sump pump. Every basement is different, every leak is different.
Schedule An Appointment
Get a Waterproofing Inspection in Montgomery Township, NJ
A-1 Basement Solutions provides free basement health inspections to New Jersey homeowners. Contact A-1 Basement Solutions at 908-322-1313, or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free in-home inspection and detailed quote.