Wet Basement Waterproofing in Mine Hill NJ 07803
By Rcsprinter123, via Wikimedia Commons
Wet basement problems in Mine Hill, NJ are due to poor soil drainage
Mine Hill Township has many a wet basement and is located in Morris County, N.J. The Township has 3,651 residents and covers 3.0 square miles (U.S. Census 2010).
The Township was formed in 1923 by an Act of the N.J. State Legislature. Mine Hill was previously part of Randolph Township.
Mine Hill likely received its name from the many Iron Ore mines that opened in the 1700’s through the 1960’s. Large Deposits of Iron Ore were used from Mine Hill in the American Revolutionary War.
The Bridget Smith House is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as an intact home for working miner families. It was built in the mid 1800’s and many widows from the mines lived in the home.
The Township has a recreational beach for residents during the summer months.
A wet basement and percolation rates are closely linked
- Percolation can be defined as movement of water through soil.
- In general, sandy soil will have a quicker percolation than soil with a high concentration of clay, or iron ore.
- A percolation test, commonly called a perc test, is a test to determine the absorption rate of soil.
- Before a home is built a percolation test will determine if land will drain properly and whether a wet basement will occur.
- A slow percolation rate is not something you can change.
A French drain will stop wet basement problems
Installing a French drain around the inside perimeter is most commonly done after the house has been built and a wet basement has occurred.
Often this is done right before performing a basement finishing.
The French Drain System is usually installed in 2 days and is maintenance free once installed.
Schedule An Estimate
Get a Waterproofing Inspection in Mine Hill
A-1 Basement Solutions provides free basement health inspections to New Jersey homeowners. Contact A-1 Basement Solutions at 908-895-2686, or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free in-home inspection and detailed quote.