Wet Basement Waterproofing in Mendham, NJ 07945
By Jared K, via Wikimedia Commons
Wet basement problems in Mendham, NJ can be solved easily
Mendham has many a wet basement and is located in Morris County, N.J. There is a Borough and a larger Township named Mendham. The Borough has 4,981 residents and covers 6 square miles (U.S. Census 2010).
The Borough was part of Mendham Township and separated in 1906. There are many historic buildings dating back to the 1700’s in the Borough. Their preservation and upkeep has been central to the community.
St. Joseph’s school and Assumption College for Sisters are both in Mendham. So is one of my favorite restaurants, The Black Horse Tavern.
Chris Christie, the 55th Governor of N.J., lives in Mendham.
Wet basement problems in Mendham are due, in large part, to the age of the homes
- During construction a tar based waterproofing is applied to the foundation before the backfill is done.
- The tar substance is applied to the exterior of the concrete walls and is good for 30-40 years or so.
- The tar coating is similar in substance and life to roofing shingles which also don’t last forever.
- Once the tar is gone the foundation is no longer sealed and the porous concrete is laid bare.
- With water pressure around the foundation the concrete absorbs the water which leads to a wet basement.
Do you solve a wet basement from the outside or inside?
To do an excavation around your home to re-tar the foundation is very costly and not usually backed with a long term guarantee.
An interior French Drain has a Life-of-House guarantee and also alleviates the water under the basement floor.
Schedule An Estimate
Get a Basement Waterproofing Inspection in Mendham
A-1 Basement Solutions provides free basement health inspections to New Jersey homeowners. Contact A-1 Basement Solutions at 908-895-2686, or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free in-home inspection and detailed quote.