Professional Wet Basement Waterproofing Services in Knowlton, NJ
By United States Census Bureau, via Wikimedia Commons
Either your foundation is sealed or you will get a wet basement in Knowlton, NJ
Knowlton Township has many a wet basement and is located in Warren County, N.J. The Township covers 25.3 square miles along the Delaware River. Over 3,000 residents call Knowlton home in the Kittatiny Valley which is part of the larger Appalachian Valley (U.S. Census 2010).
Knowlton Township was incorporated by an Act of the N.J. Legislature in 1768. The land had been part of Oxford Township. Additional communities included in the Township are: Columbia, Hainesburg and Delaware.
The Township was referred to as “Knoll town” for years as there are many hills. Several railroad lines crossed the Township in the mid 1800’s.
If your house has solid concrete walls you can get a wet basement in a few different ways
- In poured concrete foundations, cracks and pipe penetrations are the most common entry points for seepage.
- These openings can be readily sealed from the interior with epoxies or urethanes are pressure injected into the openings.
- These repairs penetrate the foundation through to the exterior, thereby cutting of the path of the seepage and will last for a long time.
If your house has hollow block walls you get a wet basement in a different way
- Your house was built with a tar based coating applied to the foundation that degrades over time leaving the foundation non-sealed.
- With hollow block masonry walls, an interior subFrench Drain system can capture the water entering the block system.
- A trench is excavated and weep holes are drilled into the lowest course of block, allowing the drainage to occur.
- The water is then piped into a sump where a sump pump will discharge it from the building.
- The floor is then cemented and your wet basement will be dry forever.
Schedule An Appointment
Get a Free Wet Basement Waterproofing Inspection in Knowlton, NJ 07832
A-1 Basement Solutions provides free basement health inspections to New Jersey homeowners. Contact A-1 Basement Solutions at 908-895-2686, or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free in-home inspection and detailed quote.