Professional Waterproofing in Jefferson Township, NJ 07849
By Rcsprinter123, via Wikimedia Commons
A wet basement in Jefferson Twp., NJ can lead to black mold and other problems
Jefferson Township has many a wet basement and is the most Northern Township in Morris County, N.J. The Township has 21,314 residents and covers 43.1 square miles (U.S. Census 2010). The Township has two main sections: Milton and Lake Hopatcong.
In 1804, an Act of the N.J. Legislature incorporated Jefferson Township from Pequannock and Roxbury Townships. Jefferson Township was named after President Thomas Jefferson.
The former creative director for the cartoon Sponge Bob Square Pants, Derek Dryman, attended Jefferson Township schools.
The wet basement brings in mold causing water and moisture
- A wet basement with little or no ventilation provide perfect growing conditions for black mold.
- Black mold is a fungus that is known to grow rapidly on water soaked building materials like drywall.
- Also Known As “Toxic Black Mold” Black mold is a black and slimy looking stain on a wall that is probably damp
You must stop the 4 ways water penetrates the foundation to prevent a wet basement
- Water through the floor.
- Water through the walls.
- Water vapor through the walls and floor.
- Humidity through the air.
A French drain with sump pump and an E-Z Breathe Ventilation System will stop the 4 ways water can enter
- Once the wet basement causing water is brought under control the next step is to deal with the water vapor and humidity.
- To remove the water vapor and humidity in the basement a ventilation system is required.
- A ventilation system will replace the air in the basement with fresher air from the upper floors four to six times per day.
- The E-Z Breathe ventilation System works automatically with no bucket to empty or filter to replace.
Schedule An Inspection
Get a Wet Basement Waterproofing Estimate in Jefferson Township, NJ
A-1 Basement Solutions provides free basement health inspections to New Jersey homeowners. Contact A-1 Basement Solutions at 908-895-2686, or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free in-home inspection and detailed quote.