Wet Basement Waterproofing in Hopatcong, NJ 07843
By Culturejam23, via Wikimedia Commons
A wet basement gets worse over time in Hopatcong, NJ
Hopatcong Borough has many a wet basement and is located in Sussex County, N.J. The Borough has over 15,100 residents and covers 12.2 square miles (U.S. Census 2010).
Hopatcong Borough was incorporated in 1901 by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature. The area had been known as the Town of Brooklyn in 1898.
The Borough is home to the western shore of Lake Hopatcong. The partially man made lake was critical in the opening of the Morris Canal line. It is the largest lake in the State of New Jersey.
Hopatcong is a derivative of a Lenape Indian word and translates as “pipestone”. The Lenape Indians lived in the area prior to the English settlers.
Bertrand Island was one of New Jersey’s earliest amusement parks and offered the states first roller coaster. It closed after a sixty year run in the Borough of Hopatcong.
You get a wet basement because the tar coating on the foundation has washed away
- Understand that you are powerless against the water table rising and that your foundation is no longer sealed.
- This part is very black and white, either the wall is sealed or it’s not.
- We know that you have had a wet basement, so obviously, the wall is not sealed.
- The tar-like substance that was placed on the outside of the walls during construction has degraded.
You stop the wet basement by excavation to re-seal the foundation or a French drain and sump pump
- Excavating the entire perimeter of your home is disruptive and very costly so the French drain is the better option.
- The French drain system is designed prevent water from flooding and giving you a wet basement.
- It is installed inside the basement, below the floor, around the perimeter to control the water, deliver it to the sump pump(s), and discharge it out of the house.
- This system comes with a life-of–house transferable guarantee against you having a wet basement.
Schedule An Estimate
Get a Free Wet Basement Waterproofing Inspection in Hopatcong, NJ
A-1 Basement Solutions provides free basement health inspections to New Jersey homeowners. Contact A-1 Basement Solutions at 908-322-1313, or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free in-home inspection and detailed quote.