Professional Waterproofing Services in Harding Township, NJ 07976
By Jared K, via Wikimedia Commons
Your wet basement in Harding Twp. is caused by high clay content in the soil
Harding Township has many a wet basement and is located in Morris County, N.J. The Township covers 20.44 square miles and has 3,838 residents (U.S. Census 2010). The Township also includes part of Green Village and all of New Vernon, where the Township offices are located.
Harding Township was named after President Harding. He was in office when the Township was formally established by an Act of the N.J. State Legislature in 1922 from then what was Passaic Township.
Owners in the 1920’s voluntarily agreed to keep the land in Harding preserved from development. There is very little suburban influences on the large tracts of open land in the Township.
The percolation rate that causes a wet basement is directly related to clay soil content
- The level of the water table varies greatly due to amount of rainfall, time of the year and type of soil that surface water drains through.
- The water table is generally higher in areas with high density soil related to clay content.
- The denser the soil is, the slower the movement of the water (percolation) of the water through the soil occurs.
- The rate at which the high water table descends is related to the percolation rate, which is related to soil density.
You can’t control the clay in the soil but you can fix a wet basement with a French drain
- To install this kind a French drain the inside perimeter of the floor is cut approximately one foot from the wall.
- The lowest course of block is drilled with weep holes in order to drain the walls.
- A trench is excavated and a 7″ E-Z Flow pipe is pitched toward the sump pump(s) which discharge the water from the building.
- HDPE drainboard is installed and covered with gravel and the basement floor is re-cemented to its original level.
Schedule An Estimate
Get a Wet Basement Waterproofing Inspection in Harding Township, NJ
A-1 Basement Solutions provides free basement health inspections to New Jersey homeowners. Contact A-1 Basement Solutions at 908-895-2686, or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free in-home inspection and detailed quote.