Professional Basement Waterproofing Services in Hanover, NJ 08108
By Joelincoln, via Wikimedia Commons
A wet basement in Hanover, NJ can be made dry with basement waterproofing
Hanover Township has many a wet basement and is located north of Morristown in Morris County, N.J. The Township is 10.73 square miles and has 13,712 residents (U.S. Census 2010). Whippany and Cedar Knolls are communities of Hanover Township.
The Township name of Hanover was for King George I of England. He was the head of the Royal Dynasty, “House of Hanover”, and was King in the 1700’s when the colonies were under British rule.
Hanover Township is believed to be the first Northwest settlement in N.J. and prior to English settlers the Lenape Indians lived in the area.
The Whippany Rail Museum and the Frelinghuysen Arboretum are two popular attractions in Hanover Township.
Your foundation had a tar coating which washed away and now when there is a heavy rain you get a wet basement
- The foundation walls are sealed with a tar like substance during construction
- That is your house’s waterproofing or more technically it is called damp-proofing.
- The tar is degradable and therefore not permanent and does not last foreve
- The porous concrete is no longer sealed and you get a wet basement.
Do you want to seal the wet basement again; or get a French drain and sump pump?
Sealing the foundation involves excavating the entire perimeter of the building.
- The exterior method of drying your wet basement involves excavating the outside of your house to re-apply a seal to the foundation.
- Today there are polymer based foundation sealers available that do not degrade and last for the lifetime of the building.
- Exterior waterproofing prevents water from entering foundation walls therefore preventing the wicking and molding of building materials
The French drain basement waterproofing system is designed to prevent you from having a wet basement.
- The French drain is installed inside the basement, below the floor, around the perimeter.
- This French Drain controls the water, delivers it to the sump pump(s), and discharges it out of the house
- French drain systems are recognized as being effective in controlling basement water.
Schedule An Estimate
Get a Wet Basement Waterproofing Inspection in Hanover, NJ
A-1 Basement Solutions provides free basement health inspections to New Jersey homeowners. Contact A-1 Basement Solutions at 908-322-1313, or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free in-home inspection and detailed quote.