Professional Basement Waterproofing Solutions in Greenwich, NJ 08323
Your best wet basement waterproofing in Greenwich, NJ is a French drain
The Township of Greenwich has many a wet basement and is located in Warren County, N.J. Greenwich has 5,712 residents and covers over 10.5 square miles (U.S. Census 2010).
Greenwich was part of several Townships. In 1798, the area was formally incorporated by an Act of the N.J. Legislature as Greenwich Township. Later portions of the Township were separated for other neighboring Townships such as Franklin and Pohatcong.
Greenwich is part of the Lehigh Valley and includes the communities of Stewartsville and Upper Stewartsville.
The wet basement is caused by a high water table and an unsealed foundation
- During construction a tar based waterproofing is usually applied to the foundation before the backfill is done.
- The tar applied to most homes is good for 30-40 years and once the tar is gone the foundation is no longer sealed.
- Water tables can become elevated when they receive more water than they drain off from unusually high amounts of rain, or excess water from higher elevations.
- High water tables are often above the level of basement floors which almost always causes a wet basement to occur.
- When this high water table forms around the foundation the un-sealed concrete starts to absorb the water and you get a wet basement.
A French drain is the best choice for wet basement waterproofing
The French drain basement waterproofing system is designed to prevent water from flooding your basement. It is installed inside the basement, below the floor, around the perimeter. This French Drain controls the water, delivers it to the sump pump(s), and discharges it out of the house.
Schedule An Inspection
Get a Wet Basement Waterproofing Estimate in Greenwich, NJ 08323
A-1 Basement Solutions provides free basement health inspections to New Jersey homeowners. Contact A-1 Basement Solutions at 908-322-1313, or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free in-home inspection and detailed quote.