Expert Basement Waterproofing Services in Fredon, NJ 07860
By United States Census Bureau, via Wikimedia Commons
If you ever had a wet basement in Fredon, NJ you will again
Fredon Township has many a wet basement and is located in Sussex County, N.J. The Township covers over 17 square miles and is home to over 3,400 residents (U.S. Census 2010).
The Township was incorporated in 1904 by an Act of the N.J. State Legislature. Fredon’s land had been part of several neighboring townships.
The word Fredon is from the German word Fredonia which means “place of freedom”.
Prior to being named Fredon, the Township was known as “Coursen’s Corners”.
If your basement was sealed you would not get a wet basement, EVER!
- During construction a tar like substance is applied to the exterior of the concrete foundation before the backfill is done
- Tar is a very good sealer against a wet basement and has been used forever.
- The tar applied to most homes is good for 30-40 years or so.
- The tar coating is similar in substance and life to roofing shingles which don’t last forever and neither does the tar on the foundation.
- Once the tar is gone the foundation is no longer sealed and the porous concrete is laid bare.
- Therefore, unless you have re-sealed the foundation, if you had a wet basement before you will again.
You can excavate and re-seal the wet foundation of the wet basement or put in a French drain
- A French drain will create a healthier environment in your home by eliminating the wet basement.
- An interior French drain controls the water once it enters the foundation and pumps it away.
- The interior French Drain is a widely accepted technique in mitigating basement water and is generally referred to as a basement waterproofing solution.
- Interior French drain systems are recognized by B.O.C.A (Building Officials and Code Administrators) as being effective in controlling basement water.
Schedule An Estimate
Get Free Basement Waterproofing Inspections in Fredon
A-1 Basement Solutions provides free basement health inspections to New Jersey homeowners. Contact A-1 Basement Solutions at 908-322-1313, or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free in-home inspection and detailed quote.