Expert Wet Basement Waterproofing Services in Fanwood, NJ
By Jared K, via Wikimedia Commons
Fanwood, NJ has many homes built before 1970 and many a wet basement.
Fanwood is located in Union County, NJ and borders Plainfield and Scotch Plains. The borough was formed from a section of Scotch Plains in the late 1800’s and is a very specific section of the county. The entire borough covers a total of 1.32 square miles.
The NJ Transit Railroad line stops in Fanwood making this town very commuter friendly. The town is also home to the well-known boxer, Gerry Cooney.
How does a wet basement occur?
- Much of this moisture is pulled deeper into the frost line by gravity and times of extreme seepage occur usually in early spring and late fall.
- The frost line is the depth in the ground in which the water NEVER freezes.
- Because this seepage is constantly moving beneath the frost line, you should expect water related problems year round.
- As gravity pulls the ground water deeper into the soil, it moves sideways following the slope of the surrounding areas.
- Top soil will absorb some of the water but as rain continues to fall the absorbent layers become even more saturated and the water begins to follow the underground ‘paths of least resistance’ called Capillary Veins.
A French drain is the best choice for wet basement waterproofing
- The French drain wet basement waterproofing system is designed to prevent water from flooding your basement.
- It is installed inside the basement, below the floor, around the perimeter.
- This French Drain controls the water, delivers it to the sump pump(s), and discharges it out of the house.
Schedule An Estimate
Get a Free Professional Waterproofing Inspection in Fanwood, NJ 07023
A-1 Basement Solutions provides free basement health inspections to New Jersey homeowners. Contact A-1 Basement Solutions at 908-322-1313, or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free in-home inspection and detailed quote.