Solving your wet basement problem in Blairstown, NJ is important to your health
The Township of Blairstown has many a wet basement and is located in Warren County, NJ. The Township has 5,747 residents and covers 31.7 square miles (U.S. Census 2010).
Blairstown was part of Knowlton Township until it was incorporated by an Act of the N.J. State Legislature in 1845.
The Blairstown land has had several names. The first was “Smyth Mills” after the first gristmill in the area. The second was “Butts Bridge” and the third was “Blairstown” after John Blair who served as a postmaster of the Township.
Blairstown is in scenes from the movie Friday the 13th.
5 biggest problems associated with a wet basement
- Insects:The high moisture of a wet basement is an attractive climate for termites and carpenter ants as well as mice.
- Mold:Black mold that grows in the wet basement can be carried throughout the house.Insects:The high moisture of a wet basement is an attractive climate for termites and carpenter ants as well as mice.
- Rust:When you combine a wet basement and your washer/dryer, hot water heater, furnace etc., you get rusted appliances.
- Dryrot:The common name for a wood destroying fungus, Serpula Lacrymans, that is often found on the staircase of a wet basement.
- Poor Indoor Air Quality:The bad smell from the basement is telling you that something is wrong.
A French drain is the best choice for wet basement waterproofing
The French drain basement waterproofing system is designed to prevent water from flooding your basement. It is installed inside the basement, below the floor, around the perimeter. This French Drain controls the water, delivers it to the sump pump(s), and discharges it out of the house.