Professional Basement Waterproofing Services in Andover, NJ
By United States Census Bureau, via Wikimedia Commons
The remedy for your wet basement in Andover, NJ can be quick and easy
Andover has many a wet basement. Andover refers to both a Township and a Borough in Sussex County, N.J. The combined area covers over 22 square miles and has over 6,900 residents (U.S. Census 2010).
The Township was incorporated by an Act of the N.J. Legislature in 1864 from portions of Newtown Township. The Borough separated from the Township in 1904 by another Act of the N.J. Legislature.
Iron and steel mines in Andover led to the development of the area during the Revolutionary War. The Township has many lakes throughout the area including one of N.J.’s deepest lakes, Lake Aeroflex.
4 stages of a wet basement
- Stage 1: Damp smell, damp spots appear, mold and mildew begins to form, white powdery crystals appear, discoloration of foundation and blistering paint.
- Stage 2: Walls wet to the touch, small amounts of water and a combination of signs from stage 1.
- Stage 3: Water on your basement floor and a combination of signs from stages 1 and 2.
- Stage 4: Heavy water in your basement and a combination of stages 1, 2 and 3.
A French drain is the best choice for wet basement waterproofing
- The French drain basement waterproofing system is designed to prevent water from flooding your basement.
- It is installed inside the basement, below the floor, around the perimeter.
- This French Drain controls the water, delivers it to the sump pump(s), and discharges it out of the house.
Schedule An Appointment
Get a Basement Waterproofing Estimate and Inspection in Andover, NJ 07821
A-1 Basement Solutions provides free basement health inspections to New Jersey homeowners. Contact A-1 Basement Solutions at 908-322-1313, or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free in-home inspection and detailed quote.